Saturday, June 7, 2014

Perfectly imperfect

you know?
Sometimes my life is really messy.




Sometimes I'm covered in poo.
Sometimes the dishes aren't done... for days.
Sometimes my daughter pees on the floor, and not in the potty.

Sometimes my car breaks down,
Sometimes I forget about my garden.
Sometimes I spend all day outside so I don't have to clean.



Sometimes I scream and cry over nothing.
Sometimes my kids do too.

Sometimes I lose faith.
Sometimes I pick fights with my husband.
Sometimes I say hurtful words.


Sometimes I forget to love.
Sometimes I stop believing in myself, in Ephraim, in us.

But then my daughter picks a flower.
Ephraim leaves me love notes.
My son giggles while nursing.
God makes my plants grow.
And then I realize, in spite of this beautiful mess, I am just perfectly imperfect... and I'm okay with that.


5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh.... needed that as I've been stressing about a silly paper we have to write for this school. It certainly won't be perfect, but that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this! Your paper is going to be grand!!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully written. Thank you! Love love love the nursing photo. Looking back niw, I wish I had more pictures of me with my kids nursing. You'll treasure that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Selina thank you. I love nursing photos, but am always a little hesitant to post. I'm ask glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  3. Oh, LOVE this. Your perfectly imperfect is beautiful. Thank you for allowing us to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete