Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ephraim.

Ephraim is my most favorite person.
Seriously, my absolute most favorite person on this entire earth.

Today, Ephraim turns 26.  And though, in all reality, 26 is not really a significant number of age.  And though Ephraim and I are extremely nontraditional in birthday type celebrations, I wanted to share a little about this wonderful person.

So here, my 26 favorite Ephraim facts-

1. Ephraim's heart:  Ephraim is by far the most caring and sincere human I have met.  He introduced me to a love for our Father I have never experienced in anyone else.
2. Ephraim loves coffee.  It's his dream.  It was our first date, and has been a part of every significant event in our relationship.
3. Ephraim hates having his belly button touched... seriously hates it.
4. Ephraim's life revolves around music.  He has a constant beat in his head, and a song for every situation.
5. Ephraim will eat anything.  ANYTHING.  But he really loves pallak paneer, green curry, street tacos, ceviche and sushi.
6. Ephraim has the unique ability to build or fix just about anything.
7. Ephraim cut off a portion to his left thumb 3 years ago.  This has been one of the best things that has ever happened!
8. Ephraim prefers his shirts to be folded in a very strange way.
9. Ephraim loves adventure, and would gladly travel anywhere.
10. Ephraim has freakishly beautiful hair.  For the first 2.5 years of our relationship I only knew him with long, thick, curly hair.
11. Ephraim prefers his clothes used and his cars vintage.
12. Ephraim is a really great cook and sewer.
13. Ephraim is 5'6".  I am 5'8".  I love that.
14. Ephraim is an incredible artist.  Not because he is the best, but because he enjoys and prefers the imperfections in art.
15. Ephraim really likes hats, sweaters and scarves and would probably wear them all the time if possible.
16. A very large majority of Ephraim's wardrobe is made up of earth tones.
17. Ephraim can be kind of quiet.  He is not a man of many words... but he is an excellent writer.
18. Ephraim is very simplistic, and would live quite happily without much at all.
19. Ephraim dreams of going to Alaska, Mongolia and the Mediterranean.
20. Ephraim can open a beer with a $20 bill.
21. Ephraim has had more bizarre car trouble than anyone I have ever met.
22. Ephraim is an exception father.  And not just to our sweet little birdy, but to all children he meets.
23. Ephraim is perfectly flawed, as is most of humanity.  Which just so happens to be his favorite thing about people.  Flaws.
24. Ephraim has a big nose, really nice calves, and a curl in his smile.  My favorite things.
25. Ephraim's favorite word is obsequious.

26. Ephraim is my best friend, my dearest love and the one for whom my heart sings...  Happy Birthday, my dear sweet man.


"In that dream I could hardly contain it, all my life I will wait to attain it. There, there, there.  I know someday the smoke will all burn off.  All these voices I'll someday have turned off.  I will see you someday when I've woken.  I'll be so happy just to have spoken.  I'll have so much to tell you about it"


1 comment:

  1. love him too, although not nearly as much as you do. :-) Happy birthday, Ephraim! I hope today is a special day for both of you.

    ReplyDelete