Tuesday, December 4, 2012

' Tis the season to be rolly, RA RA RA RA RA....

Happy Holidays Friends!

'Tis the season to be jolly!
We get to spend extra time with our family.
We get to go to ridiculous work parties, and see our bosses at their least business-y.
We get to go to some awesome festivals. 
(Thank you Washington. I will miss your love of festivals)
We get to share the joy with everyone.

The joy of gift-giving (receiving too). 
Of succumbing to sales. 
Of singing ridiculous songs written in the 50's (and beyond)
Of helping out those in need.
Of wearing ugly sweaters, and actually liking them.
'Tis the season.
For Giving; For sharing; For just simply having a rollicking good time!

The holidays bring out the best in people and, at least for me, sometimes the worst.
The weekend before last I was confronted with my own thankfulness, my faith, and my willingness to share.

You see, I've always been one with enormous faith! <- and humbleness...
My sister Sars always tells me I have a blessed life, because everything I need, and mostly what I want somehow finds me. For free, or cheap. But I don't believe it's just a random happenstance. Like I ended up with some blessing more than normal.
It happens because I have enough faith.
Faith is one of the few ideals in the bible that has a measurement. (a mustard seed)
I know that God is going to provide for me. 
Partly because He always has.
But mostly because I have enough faith to know it.

We are going to Panama.
How do I know?
I just...believe it.
I've heard the call to go, so I'm going.
But this last week I really had a hard time.

The facts are this:
  1. We barely make enough money to cover our bills.
  2. We have only a couple hundred dollars saved for Panama
  3. We need about $2600 to go to Panama.
  4. We'll need people to sponsor us (about $400 more) monthly while we're in Panama.
With all of these things, plus wanting to someday take my wife out on a date and wanting to buy nice gifts for my family, I was posed with the opportunity to give.

Our church, PSCC, is having their annual Holiday Hope drive, which gives to those in need from Thanksgiving through Christmas (check it out).  As I looked at the dozens of tags that lined a wall of the foyer and read the names of children and adults in need, I couldn't help but feel this overwhelming desire to grab as many as i could fit in my pockets and go shopping! Especially when I read Ezekiel's tag. A nine month old in need of some clothes.
We walked home with two tags that day.

And so I chose, in spite of my circumstances to give, and I've continued that mentality everyday since.
Because I know that my God will provide.

I'm asking you to do the same.
To Give.
It feels good.
I promise.



So here's the thing:
We're in need.
In order for us to go to Panama and help children get an education, and aid others in helping the indigenous, and hopefully even help some orphan's have a better life, 
We need support.
Our friends and family have been great! We've had so much verbal and emotional support.
But now we're asking for more.

Here's how you can help:
  1. We need to purchase our plane tickets soon, or they're gonna get real pricey. You can make an anonymous donation to us directly on our GoFundMe page.
  2. You can commit to sponsor us monthly for a year starting in February. Any amount will do.
If you want to help please let us know. And if you find someone else in need, spread the holiday joy, and Give.


Thanks guys,
Ephraim

No comments:

Post a Comment